- Dogs are not permitted in the preserve.
- Horses, bicycles, ATVs and off-road vehicles are not allowed.
- Visit only during posted hours (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 8am-6pm).
- Obey posted signs.
- Stay on designated trails.
- Carry maps, a compass and/or GPS unit and plenty of drinking water.
- Research and keep an eye on weather conditions.
- Know your limitations and skills, as well as those of your group.
Respect natural and cultural heritage
- Preserve the past; examine but do not remove cultural or historic artifacts.
- Leave rocks, plants, animals and other natural objects as you find them.
- Camping and fires are not allowed.
- Observe wild animals from a distance. Use binoculars and cameras.
- Never feed wild animals. Feeding wild animals damages their health and exposes them to predators and other dangers.
- Avoid wildlife during sensitive times, such as when they are mating, nesting or raising young.
- If you observe a wild animal acting strangely (not running away from you), use caution and back away as the animal may have rabies and pose a serious danger.
Manage your waste properly
- Clean up trash or waste; leave the preserve cleaner than you found it.
- Don’t dispose of human waste in bodies of water.