Our stewardship program assists easement property owners with the continued stewardship of their land and assures — in perpetuity — that the conservation goals stated in the easement are upheld.
VOF stewardship staff perform many duties to maintain the conservation values of eased properties. These activities include:
- Visiting conserved lands to ensure the easement provisions are being upheld;
- Answering landowner questions regarding stewardship or management of their land (wildlife management, forested lands, agricultural lands, riparian buffers, etc.);
- Conducting reviews and approvals for activities on the property (construction, subdivisions, harvesting timber, etc.) when required by the easement;
- Interpreting provisions in easement deeds for the landowner;
- Maintaining updated stewardship files on VOF easement properties;
- Tracking land records including changes in ownership, current tax assessments, building permits;
- Resolving easement violations.