Easements sometimes require advance notification and/or written approval for certain activities. If you are unsure whether notification or approval is required, contact a local VOF office and we will help you make that determination. Activities that might require approval or notification include:
- Constructing any new buildings or structures
- Renovating or enlarging existing structures
- Conveying property (provide contact information on new owner)
- Subdividing property
- Signing any other encumbrances on property (e.g. right-of-ways, ingress/egress, other easements)
- Entering wetlands mitigation or restoration programs
- Changing use of property (e.g. from forested lands to agricultural lands)
- Making a boundary line adjustment
- Harvesting timber
For complex matters, it may take a minimum of 30 days for VOF to review and approve the proposed activities. Please be in touch to discuss your plans.
You can reach stewardship staff through your local VOF office.