Provide field assistance to VOF staff as they perform site visits of properties in conservation easement.
- Accompany VOF staff on site visits to properties in conservation easement.
- Assist with photography, data collection, and navigation.
- The physical ability to hike long distances over uneven terrain in variable weather.
- Familiarity with safe and courteous conduct in various surroundings, including farms, forests, and mountainous areas.
- The ability to read topographic maps and aerial photography.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Exhibit the ability to work well with others.
- A sense of confidentiality and discretion.
- On-the-job training
- Advanced training available as determined by staff
This work requires regular and reliable, ongoing volunteer service, preferably on at least a weekly basis. Weekday availability — no weekends or holidays.