Perform open-space conservation easement monitoring from public areas such as state roads, navigable waterways, and public trails, or by conducting on-site visits. Background checks are required for volunteers who wish to perform on-site monitoring without VOF staff present.
- Observe open-space conservation easement properties from public areas and document observations on provided forms.
- Utilize provided and personal maps to navigate near open-space conservation easements for observation.
- Utilize personal vehicle or watercraft for monitoring.
- Assist VOF staff in streamlining process and ground-truthing values.
- Ability to read topographic and aerial photography.
- Ability to navigate various terrains by various means.
- Valid driver’s license.
- A sense of confidentiality and discretion.
- Background check required for unassisted on-site monitoring.
- On-the-job training
- Advanced training available as determined by staff
This work requires regular and reliable, ongoing volunteer service, preferably on at least a monthly basis. Flexible scheduling available.