- This event has passed.
Virginia Outdoors Festival
September 8, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
*** RAIN or SHINE ***
VOF is partnering with the White House Farm Foundation in Page County to host the 2018 Virginia Outdoors Festival. Join us for a day of casual family-friendly activities, food and craft vendors, and presentations focusing on conservation, water quality, native species, and more.
Featured activities include
- Guided river walk along the South Fork Shenandoah River
- Guided tour of the historic White House, one of Page County’s oldest buildings
- A native plant sale by Hill House Nursery
- A native wildlife presentation by Luray Zoo
- Canoe rides at the White House Public Boat Launch
- Food tent by Luray Ruritans and ice cream by C&C Frozen Treats
- Nature-themed crafts and games for kids
- Booths and exhibits featuring conservation groups and local crafters
- 10:00am: Event opens
- 10:00am–2:00pm: Canoe rides at White House Boat Launch
- 10:30am–11:30am: Guided River Walk
- 12:30pm–1:15pm: Native wildlife presentation
- 1:45pm–2:30pm: Guided White House Tour
- 3pm: Event ends
Directions to White House Farm
White House Farm is located at 1917 Kauffmans Mill Rd., off Route 340/211 about 5 miles west of Luray, just before you reach the bridge crossing the South Fork of the Shenandoah River.
From I-81 & points west
Take Exit 264 for US-211 E toward Luray, approximately 10 miles east of New Market. Kauffmans Mill Rd. will be on your left after you cross the bridge over the South Fork of the Shenandoah River.
From Skyline Drive
Exit at the Thorton Gap Entrance Station on Route 211 and head west approximately 14 miles, passing through the Town of Luray. Kauffmans Mill Rd. will be on your right before crossing the bridge over the South Fork of the Shenandoah River.